Note: This is still a 32 bit app, meaning you'll get a warning that this app is not ready for macOS High Sierra. You can ignore it. I am working on a 64 bit rewrite which will become available here in a while.
What's new in 1.9.3
- Fix: Search option "Name equals" can now be performed "fast" on APFS volumes.
- Fix: Applications can be chosen again when using "Pass Results" search option.
- Fix: Preferences show again correct state for "Install Hot Key at Login".
- Fix: Avoids rare crash around "accessibilityIsAttributeSettable" on macOS 10.13 and later.
- Fix: Update checking works again on pre-10.9 systems.
- Improved performance of showing file icons in "Preview Grid" view mode.
What's new in 1.9.2
- Fix: Does not occasionally freeze on quit if "Calculate size…" is enabled in the Preferences.
- Fix: No more "Out Of Bounds" error when clicking past the last item in the Preview Grid.
- Fix: FAF does not require to be moved out of the Downloads folder any more.
- Fix: The FAF Hotkey app gets removed properly on High Sierra when disabling the Hot Key in FAF's Preferences.
- Fix: The menu option Automatically Refresh can now be (un)checked at all times.
What's new in 1.9.1
- In some cases, version 1.9 did not find all items when searching an APFS volume. This has been fixed.
- Fixes a rare crash when displaying results.
What's new in 1.9
- New: macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) support for fast search on APFS formatted disks.
- New: "Preview Grid" view shows larger icons. Helpful when looking for images.
- New: Searching for plain text content in files (experimental, please give feedback).
- New criteria "contains either of" and "ends in either of" for a simple logical or search operation. Now you can search for all kinds of images using the term [Name] [ends in either of] [.gif .png .jpg .jpeg .tif .tiff], for instance.
- New: Shows contextual help at the bottom of the Find window.
- New: Can search for User ID and Group ID numbers. This is an advanced feature - to get these options, hold down the Option (alt) key when clicking the leftmost popup menu.
- Change: "Name contains" is now doing a slightly smarter search: If you enter "day one", all files are listed that contain both "day" and "one", such as "stones today". If you want the previous behavior where the spaces need to match as well, use "contains exactly" instead.
- Change: "Copy Names" command in Tree view always inserts TAB characters for indentation.
- Fix: Right-click menu on found items uses the correct system font on OS X Yosemite and later.
- Fix: Expand & Collapse commands now work in the right-click menu on the results.
- Fix: Sorting in the results doesn't get stuck any more.
- Fix: Does not crash when Trashing more than 2000 items at once.
- Fix: "Copy" commands adds file reference to the clipboard so they can be pasted in the Finder.
- Fix: Quicklook can be used if more than one file is selected.
- Fix: The search field always offers all types (Name, Kind, Dates, Size, Path), even if they aren't shown as a column.
- Numerous small usability fixes.