What's changed in version 1.2.4 (22 May 2018):
- Change: Now built as a 64 bit application, for macOS 10.9 and later (a 32 bit version for OSX 10.6-10.8 is still available, too).
- Fix: No more crashes when editing a "Data" typed entry (via hex editor).
- Fix: Date values observe the local time zone correctly.
- Fix: Avoids a recurring error message when sorting by date in the DomainChooser due to missing date entry.
- New: Space key can now be used to edit the current row's value.
- New: Double clicking a folder row expands / collapses it.
- Change: Prevents Auto-Tabbing in Sierra, as it's not working correctly with Xojo-built apps.
- Changes to Data (hex) editor:
- Fixes cursor right/left movement when there's a selection in the hex column.
- Fix: In Insert mode, typing a new value won't zero the last byte any more.
- Fix: Copying from the hex column and pasting back there does not switch to text column any more.
- New: Return and Enter keys activate the Save button.
- Change: Starts with Insert instead of Overwrite mode.
What's changed in version 1.2.3 (4 Aug 2016):
- Fix: Double clicking a row does no longer edit the wrong one.
What's changed in version 1.2.2 (11 May 2016):
- Enabling the prefs key "kill cfprefsd" now actually works.
- The prefs key "kill cfprefsd" can be switched on/off via a new "Changes Restart cfprefsd" command under the File / Options menu.
What's changed in version 1.2.1 (17 Apr 2016):
- Name and Value fields can be edited faster by double clicking their cell.
- Boolean values can be edited now (yes, y, true and 1 count as YES, everything else as NO).
- Data values are now edited in a new modal hex editor window.
- Does not kill cfprefsd any more by default (can be enabled by adding a boolean key "kill cfprefsd" to the app's prefs).
What's changed in version 1.2 (20 Oct 2015):
- New: Shows a dialog at start that lets you search through all known prefs files (based on the "defaults domains" command).
- Bugfix: Undo now works with Boolean values (checkbox) and while editing a listbox cell.
- Bugfix: Clicking the open/close triangle to open a Dictionary or Array element while the row is already selected works now.
- Bugfix: Can now identify the plist file if its name contains blanks or colons (":").
- Bugfix: Limits the Value column width to 10000 pixels so that the list doesn't lose its value column with very long values.
What's changed in version 1.1.4 (9 Feb 2015):
- Rightmost column is now using all available window space.
- Fixes Tab key behavior for switching between listbox and search field.
- Switches [+] and [-] buttons.
What's changed in version 1.1.3 (11 Aug 2014):
- When opening by name ("Open Bundle ID..."), the case of the bundle ID is now taken from its plist file.
- Improves list columns resizing, and adds a horizontal scrollbar is window is too narrow.
- List column widths and window size are now remembered between launches.
- Raw (hex) data is now shown in groups of four bytes.
- Bugfix: Listbox doesn't react to clicks in background any more.
What's changed in version 1.1.2 (8 Jan 2014):
- Detects multiple prefs for the same Bundle ID and lets the user choose which one to open.
What's changed in version 1.1.1 (21 Dec 2013):
- Can now edit sandboxed preferences, too (thanks to @_karsten).
What's changed in version 1.1 (20 Dec 2013):
- Undo implemented.
- Copy + Paste can now handle multiple items, allowing you do Select All, Copy, then Paste into another app's prefs.
- Now rejects opening files ending in ".plist" that are neither in /Library/Preferences nor in ~/Library/Preferences.
- Bugfix: Host preferences (those in /Library/Preferences) can be opened now.
- Known issue: Sandboxed prefs cannot be opened at the moment. Not sure why (the defaults command can do it, curiously).
What's changed in version 1.0.4 (17 Dec 2013):
What's changed in version 1.0.3 (17 Dec 2013):
- Can now add items to empty dictionaries and arrays.
- Adding an item will now immediately go into edit mode for its value.
- New About window that can be closed with Cmd-W.
- No more crash when adding nested dicts or arrays (they became immutable).
- "Open by ID" lets you choose to open the hosts (global) prefs from /Library/Preferences.
- Now sets a window proxy icon, pointing to the probable location of the affected plist file,
may it be the global (in /Library/Preferences) or even a sandboxed file.
- Array items sort better when there's more than 9 items.
- Fixes a typo in the title of EnterBundleIDWin.
What's changed in version 1.0.2 (15 Dec 2013):
- Adds self-updating via Sparkle.
- The app is now code signed.
- Now builds as Cocoa app (formerly Carbon).
- Enables Retina graphics mode.
- Fix: When adding an item, it now gets properly selected.
- Fix: Preserves selection and open containers better, especially after sorting.
- Refactoring: Moves all list specific code from DefaultsWin into DefaultsListBox.
- Refactoring: value is not stored in CellTag(row, 1) any more. Instead, RowInfo.Value fetches it dynamically.