What's changed in version 1.8.6:
- When using Quicklook, cmd+O now opens the viewed item.
- Speeds up searching on network volumes, especially in "(slow)" mode (SMB, NAS).
- Hidden files and folders now appear with a dimmed icon.
- No more crash ("Runtime Error") when the "Recent Searches" folder or another searched folder is not readable.
- Corrects filtering of hidden items when using the "Invisibles" show/hide/only options.
What's changed in version 1.8.5:
- By adding an item named "FindAnyFile" to your keychain, containing an admin user's name and password, FAF won't ask for your login any more when doing Find All.
- Find All can now be made the default by issuing this command in Terminal: defaults write org.tempel.findanyfile AlwaysFindAll -bool YES
- Can now search for the size of resource forks (available only in expert mode)
- Adds Norwegian, Swedish and Czech localization.
- Now excludes the files saved as Recent Searches from the results.
- The collection of Recent searches can now be cleared and also entirely disabled in the preferences.
- Copying results to the clipboard now includes all columns (separated by Tab characters), unless Shift or Option is held down when Copying.
- Using Select All in the hierarchical view does not select the interim folders any more but only the actually searched items.
- Improves sorting by paths by not taking the file name into account any more.
- Fixes an issue with resizing columns directly after adding a column to the results list.
- No more crash when opening a saved search (.faf) using the File/Open menu command.
- No more crash when righting clicking on the path at the bottom of the Results window and then not choosing any of the options.
What's changed in version 1.8.4:
- New: Portuguese localization.
- New: "Open Recent" menu to re-open previously performed searches.
- New: Pressing Option or Command key while clicking the "Add Choice" button does not show the menu but adds a new choice immediately, like in pre-1.8 versions.
- Bug fixes.
What's changed in version 1.8.3:
- Automatically restores columns in Results window if they got messed up.
- French text "Traitement des données" corrected.
What's changed in version 1.8.2:
- Searching for Creator and FileType codes works now in complex (and folder-specific) searches.
What's changed in version 1.8.1:
- File times aren't off by 1 hr any more if they had a different daylight savings state.
- Searching on PGP volumes (and possibly other special volumes types) works again.
- Input field has correct width if prefs option "Increase Input Fields Height" is checked.
What's changed in version 1.8:
- Lots of new search criteria:
- Name matches pattern: Lets you enter wildcards. Use "*" as a "don't care" placeholder. Examples: Looking for "*.pdf" finds all ending in ".pdf", looking for "Invoice*2011*" finds all that start with "invoice" and thereafter contain "2011".
- Name contains words: Matches only file names that contain the given word(s). E.g. looking for "mac" would find "Mac OS.pdf" but not "Macintosh.pdf". You may enter multiple word in one line, separated by spaces.
- Case sensitive: If set to "Yes", the case of entered names is matched for the search as well.
- Label: Find specific labels. To find all items with any label, use "Label - equals - None" along with "Negate conditions - is true".
- Pass Results to <application> and Limit Amount: Passes the found items to the specified app instead of showing them in a window.
- Folder Depth: Limits the search depth (also forces a "slow" recursive search).
- It's possible to limit the search to visible, non-package and non-trashed items. When performing a "fast" search, these only set the display options, while with "slow" searches they actually avoid hidden folders and contents of packages and the trash, which makes "slow" searches faster, especially on network volumes.
- New right-click options for found items:
- Open With .... Works even with folders - you can open the folder in Terminal.app with it, for instance.
- Labels can be set and cleared.
- Make Visible and Make Invisible. Note that this works only with items whose names do not start with a period (".").
- Items that are in the Trash can be hidden from the results.
- The Copy menu command on found items works now like the Finder's. For instance, you can then perform “Paste” in a Finder window to copy the files into that folder.
- The Date criterion offers two new shortcuts for "today" and "yesterday".
- The Add Choice button offers a menu for choosing the to-be-added criterion.
- The Save menu command can be used in the Results window, too.
- Slight performance optimizations when showing results from a network volume (icon and kind are now updated slightly delayed, making scrolling more fluent).
- FAF doesn't take 30 seconds to launch any more on some Macs
- Remembers the "show invisibles" and "show package contents" options again if chosen so in the Preferences.
- Changing font and row height works again in Results window.
- Doesn't prevent disks from being ejected after a search any more.
- Creation date column shows the actual creation date instead of the modification date.
- File times are now precise instead of being offset by a few minutes depending on the time zone.
- Now restores columns that were accidentally set to zero width.