Find Any File (FAF)
- Convenient folder and icon views for results
- Can search in other users' home folders ("root" mode)
- Queries can be saved for easy re-use
- Can be launched with a self defined keyboard shortcut
Find Any File is Shareware
You may try it out without buying first. Simply download it.
If you keep using it you are expected to pay for it, though.
New in version 2.4:
- Scriptable rules for powerful and complex searches.
- File content search now finds text inside zip files, including .docx (Word) and .xlsx (Excel) files
- Support for Default Folder X and BBEdit.
- Many more improvements.
New in version 2.3.2:
- Fixes search issues around macOS Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.
- Can now search on new Google Drive.
- Search for inodes and diacritics-insensitive.
- Customizable Dock icon (ctrl-click on it!).
New in version 2.3.1:
- Fixes some critical search issues with macOS Catalina and El Capitan.
New in version 2.3:
- Native Apple Silicon (M1) code.
- Search for Tags
- Search for and display Date Last Opened and Date Added
- Works with Alfred, Keyboard Maestro, PopClip etc.
New in version 2.2.1:
- Fixes a potential crash.
- The Find window doesn't get excessively wide any more.
New in version 2.2:
- Ready for macOS Big Sur.
- You can now save and re-open the results.
New in version 2.1.1:
- Icons in Preview Grid should look correct again.
- Does not remove Volumes from Login Items any more.
New in version 2.1:
- Includes Spotlight for even faster results.
- Many bug fixes.
New in version 2.0:
- FAF is now a 64 bit app.
- Shows results as soon as they're found.
- Can search by Kind (Images, Audio, etc.).
- Can search with regular expressions.
New in version 1.9.4:
- Compatible with version 2 in regards to preferences and .faf files.
- Several bug fixes.
Registering Find Any File
This page gives you access to the registration link that makes Find Any File stop showing the "Purchase" buttons and reminder windows.
If you have purchased a license for Find Any File via this website, and paid with FastSpring or Paypal, then you may look up your license now by entering the e-mail address that you used for your purchase; this might be your Paypal address.
However, if you have purchased FAF on the Mac App Store, then you cannot retrieve your license here, but you need to use the App Store app on your Mac, log in to the store and install Find Any File from your purchases there. There is no separate license file for downloads from the App Store.