Find Any File (FAF)
- Convenient folder and icon views for results
- Can search in other users' home folders ("root" mode)
- Queries can be saved for easy re-use
- Can be launched with a self defined keyboard shortcut
Find Any File is Shareware
You may try it out without buying first. Simply download it.
If you keep using it you are expected to pay for it, though.
New in version 2.3.1:
- Fixes some severe issues with macOS Catalina and El Capitan.
New in version 2.3:
- Native Apple Silicon (M1) code.
- Search for Tags
- Search for and display Date Last Opened and Date Added
- Works with Alfred, Keyboard Maestro, PopClip etc.
New in version 2.2.1:
- Fixes a potential crash.
- The Find window doesn't get excessively wide any more.
New in version 2.2:
- Ready for macOS Big Sur.
- You can now save and re-open the results.
New in version 2.1.1:
- Icons in Preview Grid should look correct again.
- Does not remove Volumes from Login Items any more.
New in version 2.1:
- Includes Spotlight for even faster results.
- Many bug fixes.
New in version 2.0:
- FAF is now a 64 bit app.
- Shows results as soon as they're found.
- Can search by Kind (Images, Audio, etc.).
- Can search with regular expressions.
New in version 1.9.4:
- Compatible with version 2 in regards to preferences and .faf files.
- Several bug fixes.
Find Any File Beta Testing
Version 2.3.2 is now in the works, fixing several issues found with 2.3.1.
To get the latest beta version, simply open FAF's Preferences and check the "Include Beta & Preview version" option, or download it manually below:
See here for a list of recent beta versions. Pick the one with the highest number, or with the most recent date.
I suggest that you keep your current (non-beta) version around, e.g. by renaming either one of them or placing them in different folders, so that you can keep trying both versions in case the beta causes new issues.